Monday, August 30, 2010

Beer Themed Birthday

This last weekend I threw my husband a surprise 30th birthday party. It took a lot of time and planning; I wanted to make it special. I decide to pick a theme, I went with one of my husbands favorite things...BEER.



This was at the front door to welcome the guests


I found these great baking cups


I used bottle caps and mini beers to decorate the cupcakes





 I made chocolate mustaches and had everyone take a picture


This was one of my favorites


Put the mustaches in an old beer tin




Can't have a beer themed party without beer tasting! 
Everyone brought their favorite 6 pack, we supplied glasses 
with ballets so they could vote on the best and worst beer.


Best Prize: Acme Beer Brittle, Seeds and Suds Mendocino Mustard, 
and a Acme Pint glass, all from the North Coast Brewing Co.

Worst Prize: A Beer Helmet

  
Beer tasting table had cups, dice, cards and
some old beer cans my husband has collected over the years.


The tables were decorated with beer mugs and coasters

The coasters were fun to make, I designed my own print, cut it out and used Modge Podge to glue them on some old coasters.


The beer mug centerpieces, kinda cheesy, but cute at the same time.
I found some gold wrapping paper for the bottom,
then tissue paper topped with carnations to make it look like a foaming beer.


 Even though it was a beer themed party it was kid friendly. 
I covered the kids table with paper, put out crayons, and little gift bags.


I put together four picture frames with all kinds of pictures of the birthday boy.
It brings back great memories for everyone.







23 comments:

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

I am sure your husband and your guests loved all your party details - fun adult theme. I really love the colors you used.

Susan,
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
Party and Entertaining Inspiration

Jill said...

Hi Macey

What a great idea for a party! I love all the details - especially the chocolate mustaches!

Thanks for linking to A Round Tuit!

Have a lovely week.

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

I love it! I am a beer lover myself and think this is a fabulous party idea.

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Nice ideas for party...thanks for sharing with all

Anonymous said...

Fun! Great ideas! I bet your husband loved it!

Vanessa said...

What a great idea!! Might have to steal it sometime. I loved all of this!

ByNightCreations said...

I looove the chocolate mustaches! How did yu make those?

Macey at Olivia Renn said...

I made the chocolate mustaches with a chocolate mold. I found it at bakeitpretty.com they have everything you need to make them and they have some great stuff for parties. They were pretty easy to make and they were quite a hit at the party!

Macey at Olivia Renn said...

Thank you for all your wonderful comments!

AllieMakes! said...

AWESOME! Wish you were around for my 30th!
You should come link it up to my Making It party!
Allie
AllieMakes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey girl!
I'm a new blogger and your newest follower! I LOVE the beer party! My fiance turns 30 next year and this would be such a fun idea for him! I love the idea of the beer contest! And the beer mugs for centerpieces are great! Thanks for all the awesome pictures!
Suzy
joyisathome.blogspot.com

I♥thesecrazykids said...

What a creative party! I'm a new follower from Feature you Friday. Have a great Friday! Please stop by and follow me back! http://atrioofboys.blogspot.com

Terrell said...

You are seriously creative girly!! This looks aaamazing!! Way to go! Thank you oh so much for linking up this sweet creation at the FABULOUS FRIDAY FINDS party today!! I hope your weekend is wonderful!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for linking up with us over at Sassy Sites for Feature YOU Friday! Be sure to check back often for features and giveaways! Have a fabulous weekend! xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites!
www.sassysites.blogspot.com
"MY blog is all about YOU!"

M.O.T.B said...

Awesome! Looks like a blast!

Robyn said...

Such a FUN idea! I just adore the chocolate mustache and that photo....SO CUTE! Glad you shared on Frou Frou!

Mommara said...

What a cute party! Great ideas.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing party! Great job!

Cap Creations said...

Everything looks great. My hubby would love this theme! And the chocolate mustaches! OMGosh love those! Thanks for sharing.

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

What a great idea! Love all the details. I'm your new follower. Come see the favor boxes Im making for my niece's b-day!
http://lifeinthethriftylane.blogspot.com/

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

What a fun idea!

Unknown said...

what a great idea!! come on over and link up to MMM :)

The Bennetts said...

I love the tiny little beers on the cupcakes. Where did you get those?

Related Posts with Thumbnails