Thursday, January 20, 2011

Seashore Birthday


Friday was my son's first Birthday, and naturally we celebrated with a party.

All Aboard!

Nautical decor to welcome the guests

Good thing my family is the the fish business,
I had lots of decorations to choose from.
 
 Under the Sea
 Mini cupcake holders flattened out


Fortune fish were a hit!


 Clams
Made with wafer cookies, strawberry frosting and a gumball.


 Gummy fish, sharks and worms on sticks.

 I used a cookie cutter and cut out pb&j fish (cookie cutter) sandwiches


I made blue icing and tried to make it look like waves then added chocolate rocks.
 The mini cupcakes for the kids had the same blue wave icing, but I added some gummy fish to them.

My take of pin the tail on the donkey
The fish was made with left over scrapbook paper from the Happy Birthday Banner.

The hubby even got in on the action
 Crab pull string pinata. It was great for indoors and a 1 year old.


Here's the Birthday Boy


As you can see, he was a little sad at cake time, other than that he had lots of fun!

(I found a lot of my ideas on other blogs, however I forgot to save the pages so I could give them credit. Sorry if I borrowed your idea without making note of it, but thanks for all the inspiration!)

12 comments:

Megan Blencowe said...

Geez, Mace. No wonder we haven't had time to talk! How much work that must have been! Everything looked AMAZING though. So creative!

sarah henderson said...

Love your creativity! I enjoy visiting your blog from time to time. Big hugs to you!!!

Kelsey said...

Adorable idea for a 1st birthday party! It's nice to see something different from the usual.
Found you through 733's Linky Party

Liz said...

What an amazing party! Great job! And thanks for linking up!

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

What a great party!! My daughter cried at her 1st birthday party too:) A balloon popped and scared her! Ha!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Hey Macey...what a party it is..hmmm...lots of well wishes on his birthday...so cute..
you know your boy & me have the same age..hahaha...my birthday was also on this Friday..

Jill said...

Oh wow! What an amazing amount of work - everything looks fantastic!! Well worth the effort! I especially like the little clams!! Oh and what are fortune fish?? I've never heard of them!!

Thanks so much for linking to A Round Tuit! Hope you're having a fabulous week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

Lizzy said...

Looks like a fun party--cute ideas--how do you make a pull string pinata?

Laurie in SC said...

Wow! What a lovely, timeless birthday theme idea! Your little boy is so cute - I think sometimes the little ones just get overwhelmed w all the attention! I'm sure he enjoyed it though. I esp love the streamers in the corner - lovely. Thanks so much for sharing how you did it all! I'd love for you to come enter to win some super creative TapeSwell decorative tape:
http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2011/01/decorative-tape-giveaway.html
Last day to enter is tomorrow! Hope to see you there!
Hugs, Laurei

Amanda @ Frills and Frolic said...

Love the streamers! I featured you on my blog today. Would love for you to check it out!

Amanda

http://frillsandfrolic.blogspot.com/2011/01/fab-finds.html

Christine {Pure Joy} said...

One of the most original under the sea parties I've seen. Great job!

April said...

Can you tell me what colors you used for the crepe paper streamers?

Related Posts with Thumbnails