Here I go, this is my first post for my new blog. I wanted to create a blog about some of my crafty projects.
I made this cape for Mr. E, it was super easy, and turned out pretty cute.
- First I took a piece of fabric and cut it to the size of my son.
- I left the edges raw, so it gave it a funky vintage look (and because it was easy)
- I did a stencil of the letters on freezer paper.
- I cut it out, then positioned it how I wanted on the fabric for the cape.
- I then ironed it (lifting the iron up and down).
- I put a piece of cardboard under the fabric so my paint wouldn't go through.
- I then mixed my acrylic paint with my fabric Medium and painted it on the fabric (It took several coats of paint).
- I peeled the freezer paper off.
- I let it dry completely.
- After it was dry I put a piece on fabric on where I painted and ironed it. (it prevents fading in the wash)
- I attached some velcro at the top.