Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fabric Flower Wreath


I picked four different colored fabrics.
I think it took about 1/2 yard of each (it depends how big your wreath is).

I cut them into strips. I started the strip with scissors then ripped the rest so the edges would be frayed.
I folded it in half.
At the top of the strip (the folded part) I tied a knot.

The twisted and rolled the fabric around the knot.

I then used a hot glue gun and glued it to the wreath.
I tried to make them different sizes so it would be varied.

It was super easy to do.
To Hang: I glued a piece of ribbon on the wreath, then glued the fabric flowers around it so it wouldn't show.

11 comments:

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

WOW that is awesome! It's super pretty, love the colors that you picked!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Very nice, the varied sizes of your rosettes do give it a nice look. Your color combo is so pretty and the finished wreath is eye catching.

Summer Rae said...

Love the colors you chose!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

LOVE your wreath! I was wanting to do this for our front door - but decided to save it for another time...and I'm glad I waited to see yours and your tutorial. I love all the different colors you chose and the different sizes - you did a perfect job! :)

Anne Maskell said...

Your wreath is so pretty! The colours are fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm visiting with MMM, hope you visit me too!

M.O.T.B said...

Wow this is beautiful! I love it. What an original twist!

Ambrosia said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

that is so pretty!!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Really cute! Thanks for sharing!

Anne said...

That looks great!

Elizabeth said...

So beautiful! I love that you can make one fore every season! Would love for you to visit Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails