Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Guest Posting with Sugar Bee Craft Edition

Hello Olivia Renn readers!!  I'm excited to be here.  I am Mandy from over on Sugar Bee Craft Edition.  I am lucky to stay home with my four kids and enjoy all the fun that comes with it.  I also (obviously!) love crafts and creating.  Here's the whole gang in our "crazy" faces at the lake a few weeks ago.
I've been blogging on my craft blog for about a year and half now, and it just keeps growing.  I feel that if I can do something, you can too, so a lot of my posts are tutorials.  I do a lot more than crafts (although plently of those!) - - I especially love easy sewing projects, like this Shirred Pillowcase Dress.
I love making glass tile pendants and made some with pictures and even clipart using the school mascot (perfect gifts for grandmas and teachers!)
I love to feature favorite recipes of mine, like my go-to treat whenever it's potluck: Furnkies!

I also dabble in photography and photoshop elements tips - I'm not an expert, but I like to share what I know, like how to get that "blurry background" look from your pictures.

And recently I did a whole redo of our basement and created a great Playroom all centered around the wall tree that turned out perfect - I LOVE it all!!
Also, I have a link party on Tuesdays called Take-A-Look Tuesday - - where YOU can link up what you've been working on - I love checking out all the fun ideas and projects.

Today I want so share a quick stamped washer project:

Did you happen to see my tutorial on Stamped Washers??  Did you get all your supplies and now you're wondering what else you can make?

I tried to think of a way to make something for myself that would show off all my kiddos.  I took 4 stamped washers and 2 ribbons(scraps of fabric) - with one ribbon go over and with one ribbon go under, through the hole.  Then tie a knot between each washer. It came out like this:
I thought it could be a bracelet or anklet, but when I tied it on I just wasn't loving it.
So I changed plans - - now it's perfect:
A keychain tht gives me a lot to hold on to, yet it's not terribly bulky and it can fit well in a pocket if it needs to.  These are really inexpensive to make, so go grab some supplies and crank out a few!  (Late-breaking news: my 3 year-old just grabbed my keys and the new keychain and said "this is awesomely-cool, mom!" - it's a hit)

Also, instead of a stamped washer necklace, my cousin ended up hanging this on her rear-view mirror - I thought that was a perfect place for it.

I hope you'll swing by and see me in my part of the blog world.  Thanks for letting me pop on over here!

1 comment:

Eli Lloyd said...

Great reading yoour blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails