Saturday, October 30, 2010

Felt Flower Hair Accessories




I found this great tutorial over at
Joy is at Home on felt flower headbands.
(Thanks Suzy!)

When I saw it, I thought I needed to make one for myself. So I did that and more!

 I made the whole thing just like her (except I used felt in the middle of the flowers because I didn't have the right color beads)

Then, I thought to myself, I want another color. So I made some more with brown felt and some rolled flowers.


Then as I was trying to decide what color headband to attach to the new colors to and I thought...what if I could reuse the same headband? Genius! How about if I add a little velcro on the back of the flowers and a little on the rubber band, so I did:


Then I even took it a step further and added some on a barrette (sometimes those darn headbands drive me nuts when they slip off my head).
 (I slid a piece of felt between the clips on the barrette so the sticky velco would catch on my hair)

This was so easy and fun to do, and I have a bunch of new interchangeable hair accessories!

17 comments:

Jill said...

Cute little flower hairbands!

Jana said...

Love them!

Mandy Beyeler said...

thanks for linking up to TAke-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! ---Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

So creative! You should link up to my FELT link party! http://craftersanonymousclub.blogspot.com/2010/10/week-of-felt-link-party.html

Vicki said...

These are so sweet! I have some felt that I've been trying to come up with a use for...it would be perfect!(:

Unknown said...

I am in love with this idea and headbands. I just bought a pack of the same headbands (the non-slip kind!) I'm going to have to update a few of my plain headbands.

Creative Mind said...

This is really smart..
Thank you for sharing at my Creative linky..i hope you will join again next week..

kate said...

these are so cute!

Michelle L. said...

Love the orange and brown circle flowers, so simple and playful and chic!

Chelsea said...

Thanks you so much for linking up to Felt Week! I love the cute flower headbands you made. I hope to see you again at Crafters Anonymous Club!

Anonymous said...

Your felt flowers and rolled flowers look great! I have a thing for anything rosette...and these are G.R.E.A.T.!
Found you over at Handmade Tuesdays.
Cheers!
Theresa

LenaLoo said...

Love these and that you decided to make them interchangeable!

Liz said...

Super cute! Good job!

Miranda said...

Don't you just love making fabric flowers! They're my favorite thing to make, too!!!:))

Miranda
www.justddrinkacoke.blogspot.com

PS I'm your newest follower. Come be mine, too, if you like my stuff:)

Erin @ In Between Laundry said...

How fun! I love circles! I'm working on my baby's nursery right now and we're doing a circle motif!

Liz said...

So cute. I need to make some. I'd love for you to come link up at my party today: http://fastdaze.blogspot.com/2011/01/linky-fridaze-2.html

kim west said...

love them! that orange one is in my pictures of things to do! so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails