Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pecans, Brown Sugar and Sweet Potatoes. YUM!



This is a pretty simple recipe, it's so simple that I'm sure someone else has already thought of it, however I just made it up.


Here's what you'll need:
3 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cube of butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1-2 cups of pecans
I made this recipe for my family of 4 
(2 adults and two kids under 3)
  •  

Wash, peel and chop sweet potatoes into bit sized pieces. 
  •  
    Put potatoes in a 9 by 13 inch pan. 
    •  
      Melt Butter and add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. 
      •  
        Mix together and pour over potatoes. 
        •  
        Toss the potatoes around so the butter mixture is on every potato. 
        •  
        Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over all the potatoes.
        •  
        Bake at 350 for 45 -60 minutes. 
        Stir potatoes every 20 minutes.
        15 minutes before they come out of the oven, 
        add the pecans and mix. 
        •  
        Potatoes should be soft, 
        and look something like the picture above when done.

        Enjoy!


        3 comments:

        Lindsay said...

        I am so excited to make this. THANKS girl :)

        Lori Renn said...

        I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the inspiration!

        {ProtoDoom} said...

        Oh my, that looks scrumptious! I think I'll use up some sweet potatoes with this tonight!

        Alicia {ProtoDoom.com}

        Related Posts with Thumbnails