Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blog Swap with Creating my way to Success

I'm really excited to be doing a blog sway with Jill from Creating my way to Success, she has an amazing blog with great ideas, and I know you all will love it! 
Plus, you can head on over to her blog today and checkout my tutorial!

Hi , I'm Jill from Creating my way to Success






I live in Cairns, Australia, and have been blogging for almost a year now. 
I mostly sew, and like to create things for my two daughters, but also for myself and family and friends.  I've gained so much inspiration and encouragement from my time blogging, that I try with my blog to give back as much as I get, by featuring other bloggers, and offering free tutorials for the things I make.
 
One of my favourite things to make - that I started to make a couple of years ago, are Little JeMs. (little furry container characters!)  I find them all over our house now, and they're slowly taking over Cairns as they are often given as gifts to my daughter's friends, and also sold on my market stall. Some have even ventured overseas!

I have a habit of buying lots of cheap. bargain fabric remnants just because they look nice, or unusual, or I think, SURELY I could make something from that...
So now I have boxes and boxes full of remnants, and other bits and pieces I've hoarded thinking they would come in useful one day!  I'm slowly working my way through them and making some interesting things!
A few months ago, I managed to use up my stash of old silver car windscreen shades! I made, amongst other things, place mats, and these insulated lunch bags, which have been a great hit!
My latest project is to deal with the large box, overspilling into a large bag of clothes that no longer fit, but I can't bear to get rid of!  So I'm looking at clothes upcycling projects.
I've decided to start a linky page, where people can link up their clothes upcycling projects and tutorials.  There are some fantastic ideas out there I've seen, but it would be great to have a resource where they're all available in one place. This is what I'm aiming for!





 
I've added a project I've done to start the ball rolling, and Macey did a wonderful guest post for my blog, with a tutorial on how to upcycle an old tie!  If you have any clothes upcycling projects you'd like to link up them click on the button above and add away!  Let's get upcycling!
 
Thanks again Macey for this opportunity to guest post on your lovely blog!
 
I hope you'll all come and see my blog sometime too!
 
Jill

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails