Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coffe Table to Entry Bench

I've been busy.
Between, my crafting blog, family blog, bridal and baby showers, weddings, training for my Avon Walk, The MOMS Club, and trying to be a mom and wife, I've been a bit busy. I've decided to not do anymore scheduled posts. I've decided, I'm going to post when I can. I think my projects will be better and not so rushed.

So here's what I've got for now:

Coffee Table to Entry Bench


 Here's the supplies you'll need:
Coffee Table
Fabric
Batting
Nails and or Furniture Tacks
Hammer and tools
Paint (maybe)

I started off my painting the legs of the table 
(they were going to be the only thing showing after it was covered)

Here's what the top looked like before. It was pretty damaged, 
but now that's it's covered you would never know!

Then I took the legs off.

I started wrapping the batting around the legs first,
since I thought it would be the hardest part to get smooth.

I nailed it into the table to keep it in place.


Oh, I must mention I had a little help...

...oh and don't worry, I took the gas can away :)

Anyway, back to the project. I put the legs back on and covered the rest of the table in the batting.

 Once the whole thing was covered, I brought it on the house. I figured the house was a nice clean spot to layout my fabric and cover it. I forgot to take pictures of this part, sorry. But here's what I did.

I laid out my fabric on my kitchen table, wrong side up. (which was the easiest place for me with the kids around)
I turned the coffee table upside down on the fabric. Then I did the same thing like I did with the batting, kinda pull and nail. This time I used upholstery nails, just so it looked a bit more finished. I made sure the fabric was nice a tight (not too tight though) just enough so there's very few or no wrinkles in it.



2 comments:

julie said...

It looks REALLY nice, and it's a great transformation! I'd love to have a bench by our door to make it easier to take off shoes and raingear and whatever, but that will be another time in another house. Right now by our door we have a GIANT double bookshelf that holds our ridiculous number of library books.

Anonymous said...

That looks great and you made it seem really easy. you should come link this up at the simple summer solutions link up. www.mukweto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails